MEET THE LEADERS IN SPORTS EVENT MANAGEMENT
Gene HallmanChairman and CEO
John BochnakExecutive VP, Finance
George DennisPresident, ZOOM Motorsports
Sandy DoddSVP, Legal & Administration
George ShawExecutive VP, Golf
Perren KingVP, Collegiate & Amateur Sports
Carrie ColemanVP, Marketing
- M.B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) University of South Carolina, 1985
- Received MBA Outstanding Student Award
- B.S. in Economics (Cum Laude) College of Charleston, South Carolina, 1982
- Chairman/CEO of Eventive Sports, a Birmingham, Alabama-based sports event management company.
- Formed with partner Ronald Bruno in 1995, Eventive Sports employs more than 90 teammates in 12 offices throughout North America. The company manages a wide variety of major sporting events.
- Eventive Sports is one of the country’s largest event management companies dedicated exclusively to managing sporting events.
- Since 1992, most noted for the management of the Birmingham area Champions Tour event which began as the Bruno’s Memorial Classic at Greystone and is now known as the Regions Tradition
- 20+ USGA National Championships including the U.S. Women’s Open, U.S. Senior Open, and Walker Cup
- 50+ Champions Tour events (formerly Senior Tour)
- 20+ LPGA golf tournaments
- 15+ Web.com Tour tournaments
- Exclusive promoter for world-renowned Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, AL
- Children’s of Alabama Indy Grand Prix – the only INDYCAR event in Deep South
- Barber Historics- Vintage automobile festival
- Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival
- Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament (since 1998) Regions Park -Hoover, AL
- Gameday Operations for the University of Alabama Football, Gymnastics, and Basketball programs
- Magic City Classic, the largest HBCU college football game in the country- Legion Field; Birmingham, AL
2020 Health Testing Facilities
- Operations and onsite logistics for GuideSafe™ Entry Testing, providing free COVID-19 testing for all four-year and two-year students at Alabama’s colleges and universities.
- CrossFit Games World Championship, 2011– present- Home Depot Center, Los Angeles, CA
- National Senior Games, 2017- Birmingham, AL
Other Notable Event Experience
- CEO for Birmingham Olympic Soccer Venue, 1996 – Legion Field, Birmingham, AL
- World Heavyweight Championship Boxing Match- First ever Title fight in Alabama history-Bartow Arena- Birmingham, AL
- AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour, 2006 – Hoover, Al
- SWAC Football Championship,1999-2005 — Legion Field, Birmingham, AL
- NCAA 1st & 2nd Round Basketball Tournament Games, 2000, 2003, 2008- Birmingham, AL
- United States Olympic Men’s Marathon Trials, 2004-Birmingham, AL
- Southeastern Gymnastics Championship, 1999, 2001,2004, 2010, 2014- Birmingham, AL
- NCAA Men’s Soccer Final Four National Championship, 2011-2012 – Hoover, AL
- NCAA Women’s National Gymnastics Championship, 2014- Birmingham, AL
- Brett Favre Charity annual softball game, Green Bay Packers, 2000-2007 -Green Bay, WI
- 2020 – Top 40 Under 40 All-Stars: The Ultimate Top 40 Class by the Birmingham Business Journal
- 2016 – 205 Influential Executives by the Metro Birmingham Business
- 2016 – Recognized as one of Birmingham’s Most Influential Leaders by the Birmingham Business Journal
- 2015 – Client Spotlight by the Birmingham Business Journal
- 2014 – Recognized as one of Birmingham’s Most Influential Leaders by the Birmingham Business Journal
- 2013 – Recognized as one of Birmingham’s Most Influential Leaders by the Birmingham Business Journal
- 2011 – Inducted into Birmingham Golf Association Hall of Fame
- 2010 – Top 40 Under 40 Alumni Hall of Fame; Birmingham Business Journal
- 2005 – Community Leadership Award; City of Leeds
- 2004 – Men of Substance and Style; Birmingham Magazine
- 2003 – Alabama Man of the Year; March of Dimes
- 1999 – Top Ten Up and Coming Leaders for Birmingham Region; Birmingham News
- 1994-1999 – Top Twelve Most Influential Sports Leaders in Alabama; Birmingham Post-Herald
- 1999 – Vestavia Hills Rotary Club Celebrity Roast Honoree
- 1998 – Outstanding Community Sales & Marketing Award; Birmingham Sales and Marketing Execs
- 1997 – Best in Business Rising Star Award; Birmingham Business Journal
- 1996 – Alabama Marketer of the Year; America Marketing Association
- 1996 – Birmingham Man of the Year; Birmingham Business Journal
- 1995-1996 – Birmingham’s Top 10 Most Influential People; Birmingham Business Journal
- 1995 – Birmingham Person of the Year; Birmingham Magazine
- 1995 – Communicator of the Year; International Association of Business Communicators
- 1995 – Top 40 Under 40; Birmingham Business Journal
- United Way, Alexis de Tocqueville Society Member
- Birmingham Business Alliance, Board of Directors
- Annual American Heart Association Ball Gala, Emcee
- Competitive long distance runner; competed in both New York City and Boston Marathons
- Centennial Olympic Games, Atlanta 1996, Torchbearer
- Born December 22, 1959, Anderson, SC,
- Two children–daughter, Ella Grace, 10/22/03; son, Marshall 9/6/05
- Member, Mountain Brook Community Church
Mr. Bochnak received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, as well as a Masters of Accountancy from The University of Alabama. He currently serves as Executive Vice President of Business Affairs for Eventive Sports, overseeing all financial, administrative and human resource functions for the company and all of its divisions. He also manages the Gameday Operations projects for Eventive Sports, which entails handling all aspects of parking, traffic and tailgating for The University of Alabama home football, basketball and gymnastics events. He also oversees Gameday Operations at UAB, Auburn University, Alabama State University, and Notre Dame Global Partnerhsips.
Mr. Dennis comes to Eventive Sports with a wide range of experience in sales and marketing. He currently serves as the President of ZOOM Motorsports and oversees all races and events at Barber Motorsports Park, along with Bruno Hospitality, the catering division of ZOOM Motorsports. Prior to joining Eventive Sports, Dennis served as the General Manager for the Blazer IMG Sports Network. Additionally, he spent ten years at Talladega Superspeedway, home to two annual races on the NASCAR circuit, as the Senior Director of Sales and Marketing.
Mrs. Dodd received a Juris Doctor from Cumberland School of Law, a Masters of Business Administration from Samford University, and a Bachelors of Business Administration from the University of Georgia. She serves as Senior Vice President of Legal and Administration for the company. In this role, she oversees contract negotiations and provides legal advice to several divisions of the company, as well as manages many of the human resource and administrative functions of the company. Prior to joining Eventive Sports, Mrs. Dodd worked with Medical Properties Trust as Assistant General Counsel, with Colonial Properties Trust as Vice President Legal Retail, and with Baker Donelson law firm.
Mr. Shaw received a Bachelor of Arts in History from The University of Alabama. He currently serves as Executive Vice President of the Golf Division and Tournament Director for the Regions Tradition. His duties include strategic planning, sales and marketing, the development and implementation of best practices as well as selecting and negotiating with company vendors throughout North America. Mr. Shaw is also the best golfer in the division.
Mr.King graduated from South Alabama with a degree in Marketing and Business Management. He currently serves as Vice President for Eventive Sports overseeing the collegiate and amateur sports division.
Mrs. Coleman received a Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration from The University of Alabama. She currently serves as Vice President for Eventive Sports overseeing marketing division. Coleman has been with Eventive Sports since 2008 where she began in the golf division and then was promoted to the Director of Ticketing, running all ticketing operations for Eventive Sports events.